Holiday Party Time!
It’s that time of year again, that’s right, the holidays are upon us! With fall leaves, pumpkins, and a crisp mornings entering our lives, so does the need to host (or simply attend) parties.
We’ve found that parties are some of the biggest eco-nightmares, and challenged ourselves to throw an environmentally friendly, fun, Friendsgiving! "But how?!” you ask… “we’ll tell you!” we answered:
First thing’s first: preparation, preparation, preparation.
We made a few substitutions this year.
- instead of using normal paper or plastic plates, we swapped them out for these bad boys:
- Compostable Square Plate
- these chic plates (which come in a variety of sizes and shapes) are made of sugar cane and from 100% renewable and reclaimed resources
- we used our own metal silverware. yes this meant dishes, we are okay with that.
- if you absolutely hate doing dishes (we get it) we also love the EcoVita cutlery
- this cutlery comes in big combo packs and is compostable (woohoo!)
- paper straws vs super lame plastic straws
- paper straws come in a variety of colors and thickness, so no matter what the occasion, you can find one’s that will be a perfect fit for your party!
- thicker smoothie straws are also a great option and are a bit sturdier
- mason jars instead of plastic cups (or fragile wine glasses)
- we also had compostable zero plastic cups on hand for the clumsier folk