Happy Fourth of July!
Happy Birthday America!
If there’s one day that really makes summer feel like, well, SUMMER, it’s the Fourth of July!
We love the festivities, food, games, and all around fun. But have you noticed how shockingly wasteful a summer party can be? We did too!
Here are our best tips, tricks, and swaps that will have you belting the National Anthem in glee!
Drink recipe: Red, White, Wine spritzer
- 1 cup simple syrup (1 part sugar plus 1 part water, boiled until dissolved and cooled)
- ½ cup fresh strawberries (sliced in half)
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- club soda or tonic water
- few sprigs of fresh mint for garnish
- Fill Pitcher with ice and top with berries (save some to place in mason jars*).
- Pour in simple syrup and then wine until pitcher is ¾ full.
- Top off with club soda or tonic water, stir and serve in ice filled glasses. Garnish with mint sprig.
*Now, our pro-tip is to avoid fragile glass cups. We suggest Mason Jars instead of plastic cups: https://smile.amazon.com/KAMOTA-Regular-Magnetic-Whiteboard-Included/dp/B07RDHMRB9/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=mason+jars&qid=1560904562&s=gateway&sr=8-14
OR if you really don’t want glass at the party...
Healthy Dessert: Patriotic Berry Fruit Platter
- strawberries, cut up
- angel food cake,
- whipped cream, on the side for dipping
- Use a 17×11 tray
- Use a rectangle bowl for the blueberries to give that section the right shape.
- Remember the American Flag has red stripes at the top and bottom. So plan accordingly.
- Alternate strawberries and cut up angel food cake to make the red and white stripes.
For us, we are all about saving the planet while making life easy. On a normal day-to-day basis, we do not use disposable plates, BUT, if you’re throwing a party, sometimes it’s just easier to be able to toss things after everyone leaves. Here are some adorable plates and bamboo cutlery that are WAY better options than plastic or generic paper: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0723G4VWM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Reusable or bamboo serving utensils: https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Wooden-Cutlery-Sets-Biodegradable/dp/B06XMRHGPW/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=bamboo+utensils&qid=1560904522&s=hpc&sr=1-4
NOW, no party is complete without games and activities...right!?
Get the group together, have fun, and get overly competitive with your odd drunk neighbor. GO FOR IT! THIS IS AMERICA, CELEBRATE!
Oh, do you remember Burlap sacks? Because we do! We miss them, we love them, and we want our kids to know the joy of a good, old-fashioned, burlap sack race. https://smile.amazon.com/Reusable-Birthday-Eco-Friendly-Biogradeable-Protection/dp/B01NH5BRMC/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=eco+friendly+game&qid=1560904776&s=home-garden&sr=1-4
*I promise I won’t knock it over, I promise I won’t knock it over...4 seconds later…* Large jenga: https://smile.amazon.com/Yard-Games-Giant-Tumbling-Timbers/dp/B00L5FT81Q/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=large+jenga&qid=1560904964&s=gateway&sr=8-5
Playing cards: https://smile.amazon.com/Bicycle-Eco-Playing-Cards-Decks/dp/B00EE184XQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1452732526&sr=8-3&keywords=bicycle+eco+edition+playing+cards&linkCode=sl1&tag=unig09-20&linkId=6902f3d32217ed787d99550e6f949fee