We all want a clean home. Agreed? Agreed. But we also hate having to use harsh chemicals that are potentially dangerous and damaging. So here’s what you might not know: it’s incredibly easy (and cost effective) to make your own cleaning sprays and and scrubs. Below is our list to our essentials followed by our favorite DIY All-Purpose Cleaning/Surface Spray!
- Distilled White Vinegar: Distilled white vinegar is the do-it-all of natural cleaners & no house should be without a giant bottle of the wonder liquid. Simply mixed with water, or with any of the below items, it can clean just about anything.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda works great when you need a soft scrub & something more abrasive than liquids only.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: This is a disinfectant that can be used to bleach, kill bacteria, mold, and even salmonella.
- Citrus Fruit: Fruits such as lime, lemon and grapefruit can help polish, bleach, eliminate mildew and of course add a fresh fragrance to the home. Note: careful with these on certain marble, as the acidity can cause etching (just look and see what your marble has been sealed with)
- Essential Oils: A few drops can make a cleaner antibacterial and add a nice subtle scent. However, use with caution, as it is reported to be harmful to some pets.
Other items you’ll need:
- Glass spray bottles
- Airtight Jars
- Scouring pad
Our secondary “essentials” list:
- Castille Soap
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Kosher Salt
ALL PURPOSE CLEANING SPRAY:
- Combine all ingredients into a large measuring cup
- Pour into glass spray bottle
- Some people prefer to use a funnel to avoid mess, we like to live our lives on the edge and just go for it
- Shake shake shake and SPRAY!
Hi, this is me actually making the spray: https://youtu.be/PoGrs_FoT_Y