BACK TO SCHOOL!
It’s that time of year again!
It’s officially time for the kiddos and munchkins to go back to school (a very quiet cheer followed by a deep sigh). Back-to-school shopping was one of our absolute favorite activities growing up, and we’d love to share with all of you some of our favorite eco-friendly, fun, finds! Your kid will love these products, as will your wallet and the planet.
Now, if we’re being honest, we wish we could be 10 again so that we could rock these awesome goodies.
Lunch Pails and Lunch Boxes:
- Eco Lunch Boxes
- Now, this company has adorable lunch bags, that are a bit simpler in styling and make us reminisce about the good old days of bringing a sac lunch. Eco Boxes also have awesome steel containers that come in a variety of sizes!
- Planet Box
- Currently screaming over how cute these boxes are! Your kiddo will love that the box is customizable with a variety of magnets.
- The Ultimate Green Store is really a one stop shop. With more traditional, and fun, children’s lunch boxes and accessories, it’s a great resource as a mom to know. BUT what do we love the most? Their non-toxic long-lasting ice packs!
Our amazon (and target) obsessions are alive and well, and a lot of the school supplies needed can be found online! Here are some of our favorites:
- The Ultimate Green Store: because, as mentioned earlier, ONE STOP SHOP. Do you feel me mamas? (and dad’s, I see you dudes, I see you)
- Decomposition Notebook that is fun and colorful (and can be colored)
- Ball point pens made from CORN…yes, you read that right. CORN.
- Calculator that is made from CORN. Yes, we legit are finding items made out of corn plastic and are freaking out.
- The cutest little pencil holder on the planet
- Staple-free stapler
- Bamboo Ruler
So we all know that school is not about the outfits, it’s about the learning, but clothing is a way for kids to express themselves. Plus, it’s not like they can show up naked. So…eco friendly, non-toxic, good for the world clothing, with personality:
- H & M
- Did you know H&M has a complete line of children’s clothing called the Conscious Kids Collection? All of the pieces are made of recycled or organic cotton and hemp. The clothes are well made in a fair trade atmosphere.
- Winter Water Factory
- “Winter Water Factory is a Brooklyn-based design and manufacturing company specializing in screen printed textiles and organic kids' clothing”
- We love that this is an American company, and everything is American-made.
- Little Emperor
- “Little Emperor [was founded} in 2013 as a way to celebrate the imagination and playfulness of childhood. However with our planet’s growing environmental and social challenges I soon realized this business had to be so much more than it’s end product. […] Our garments are made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton to eliminate pesticide-related health risks to cotton farmers, soil, water and marine life. We avoid plastic throughout production and packaging, and we are proud members of 1% for the Planet, meaning 1% of sales are donated to environmental nonprofits.”
- We love everything. EVERYTHING. about this company.
So there you are! Parents--good luck, BLESS you, you are doing a fabulous job!